- Records of medical examinations and tests during the past year (or please ensure that they are sent in advance.)
- A credit card or debit card for any incidental charges such as gifts for family members or other purchases on outings. Note: clients pay for their own meals during outings.
- $500 in smaller denominations to use during your stay. Checkbook for purchasing nutritional supplements (at your discretion) from the medical department. There are ATMs nearby, of course, but we don’t recommend carrying a lot of unnecessary cash. Lock box is provided.
- Your driver’s license, passport or photo ID.
- Health insurance card.
- Your medication/vitamins and a list of all your medications and dosages. **All meds must be in their original vial with the original label including the prescription number, original date ordered, pharmacy name and doctor’s name. If you have advanced directive please bring it with you.
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of health care professionals, family members and anyone else you would like to have involved in your treatment.
- We offer laundry service at a nominal fee. We also provide a laundry facility, detergent, stain remover, and steamer at no charge.
- Casual comfortable clothing that can be layered (7 days is plenty). One or two dressier items, remembering that Hawaii dressy is pretty casual!
- One sweater, rain jacket, sun hat, sunglasses.
- Appropriate and modest sleepwear.
- Appropriate and modest swimwear. This means covering the entire bottom and breast area.
- Shoes for everyday use and for exercise, plus sandals and a comfortable pair of hiking boots/shoes. We enjoy short hikes in all types of terrain.
- Workout attire. Modest please.
- Shirts and appropriate undergarments are required at all times. Sunglasses are to be worn outside only.
- Personal toiletries, including shampoo and conditioner, hairspray, mouthwash, body lotion and sunscreen. All toiletries must be alcohol free and free of perfumes. We can assist you with this, if needed. The only scented items allowed are light and natural such as coconut, citrus or mint, as well as rose water. Hair gels, deodorants and all other body care must be hypo-allergenic and without perfume.
- Electronics: We have an alarm clock and hair dryer for your use. Headset radios, CD players (without speakers), I-pods and MP3 players (no speakers), Kindle, Camera (must be sensitive of others privacy) may be brought. No photos inside the facility please, for privacy of other clients.
- Laptop computer or notebook and cell phone to be used at authorized times.
- If you smoke you must bring sealed and packaged cartons. If you choose to address this addiction while in treatment we will arrange for nicotine patches and gum, acupuncture or other support.
What Not to Bring to Your Exclusive Program
- NO prescription medications not pre-approved. (Nothing prescribed to someone else!)
- Inappropriate clothing: drug or alcohol “logo” clothing, excessively tight fitting clothes, low cut or revealing shirts.
- Non-clothing Items exceeding $500 in value. The Experience is not liable for the loss or damage of any money, jewelry, documents, or any other articles of unusual value. The Exclusive’s liability for the loss of any personal property deposited for safekeeping is limited to $500. A lock box will be provided for you.
- Electrical appliances: – Television/ DVD Players – Beeper
- Cosmetics that contain alcohol or perfumes:
– Mouth wash – Hair sprays – Perfume – Nail polish remover, nail glue – Hair color chemicals – Aerosol containers – Aftershave & cologne
Note: non-alcohol versions are fine; please no scented products
- Cigars, hand rolled cigarettes, or pipes, etc. or lighter fuel, cannot be stored on the premises.
- Candles or incense or essential oils.
- Outside food or drinks. Energy drinks or vitamin drinks. We do not allow Red Bull, Monster and other concentrated stimulants.
- Weapons of any kind. Anything that would be considered contraband.
- Body building or weight loss supplements.
By accepting admission, all residents consent to have their bags and personal belongings examined in confidentiality upon arrival and throughout their stay if necessary. Discovery of contraband of any sort may result in discharge.