WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
Holistic, Non 12-Step Addiction Treatment Center in Hawaii
A Non-Restrictive Environment
For some people going to rehab, they feel like they’re entering a jail sentence. They think they’re going to an extremely controlling environment where they’re constantly restricted. That’s not us. At the Exclusive Hawaii, we care deeply about your well-being, health, and uniqueness. We believe that you need to be collaborative in building your schedule, so you’re able to schedule your time effectively when you go back home to create success in your sobriety.
In fact, we’re excited to have you use your computer and cell phone. We actually encourage you stay in contact with your loved ones, friends, and business associates. Why? Because we understand that these are the areas in your life where your triggers arise from – your marriage, your children, your parents, your career. When you are triggered while in our care, we are able to help walk you through the issue in real time. This method is incredibly powerful in helping you to see how applicable the skills we’re teaching you are to redefining your life.
Listed below you’ll see we do have some simple guidelines about what is allowed in our program, and what is not. This list is not about controlling you, but instead was carefully crafted to maintain the utmost respect and safety of all our clients, as well as adherence to the regulations from our licensure.
What to Bring to your Program
- Records of medical examinations and tests during the past year (or please ensure that they are sent in advance).
- A credit card or debit card for any incidental charges such as gifts for family members or other purchases on outings. Note: clients pay for their own meals during outings.
- $500 in smaller denominations to use during your stay. Checkbook for purchasing nutritional supplements (at your discretion) from the medical department. There are ATMs nearby, of course, but we don’t recommend carrying a lot of unnecessary cash. Lock box is provided.
- Laptop computer or notebook and cell phone to be used at authorized times.
- If you smoke, you must bring sealed and packaged cartons. If you choose to address this addiction while in treatment, we will arrange for nicotine patches and gum, acupuncture or other support.
- Appropriate and modest sleepwear.
- Your driver’s license, passport or photo ID.
- Health insurance card.
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of health care professionals, family members and anyone else you would like to have involved in your treatment.
- We offer laundry service at a nominal fee. We also provide a laundry facility, detergent and stain remover at no charge.
- Casual comfortable clothing that can be layered (7 days is plenty). One or two dressier items, remembering that Hawaii – dressy is still pretty casual!
- Personal toiletries, including shampoo and conditioner, hairspray, mouthwash, body lotion and sunscreen. All toiletries must be alcohol free and free of perfumes. We can assist you with this, if needed. The only scented items allowed are light and natural such as coconut, citrus or mint, as well as rose water. Hair gels, deodorants and all other body care must be hypo-allergenic and without perfume.
- Your medication/vitamins and a list of all your medications and dosages. **
- Electronics: We have an alarm clock and hair dryer for your use. Headset radios, CD players (without speakers), iPods and MP3 players (no speakers), Kindle, camera (must be sensitive of others privacy) may be brought. No photos inside the facility, please, for privacy of other clients.
- Appropriate and modest swimwear. This means covering the entire bottom and breast area.
- Shoes for everyday use and for exercise, plus sandals and a comfortable pair of hiking boots/shoes. We enjoy short hikes in all types of terrain.
- One sweater, rain jacket, sun hat, sunglasses.
- Workout attire. Modest please.
Shirts and appropriate undergarments are required at all times. Sunglasses are to be worn outside only.
**All medications must be in their original vial with the original label including the prescription number, original date ordered, pharmacy name and doctor’s name. If you have advanced directive, please bring it with you
THE EXCLUSIVE DIFFERENCE
We Treat the Whole Person with a Progressive and Compassionate Approach
What Not to Bring to Your Program
- Outside food or drinks. Energy drinks or vitamin drinks. We do not allow Red Bull, Monster, and other concentrated stimulants.
- Electronic appliances, such as a television/DVD player or beeper
- Body building or weight loss supplements.
- Inappropriate clothing: drug or alcohol “logo” clothing, excessively tight- fitting clothes, low cut or revealing shirts.
- Cosmetics that contain alcohol or perfumes, such as mouth wash, hair spray, perfume, nail polish remover, nail glue, hair dye, aftershave, cologne. Note: non-alcohol version are fine
- Candles, incense or essential oils.
- Weapons of any kind. Anything that would be considered contraband.
- Non-clothing items exceeding $500 in value. The Exclusive Hawaii is not liable for the loss or damage of any money, jewelry, documents, or any other articles of unusual value. The Exclusive Hawaii’s liability for the loss of any personal property deposited for safekeeping is limited to $500. A lock box will be provided for you.
- Cigars, hand-rolled cigarettes, or pipes, etc
- Lighter fluid, as it cannot be stored on the premises.
By accepting admission, all residents consent to have their bags and personal belongings examined in confidentiality upon arrival and throughout their stay if necessary. Discovery of contraband of any sort may result in discharge.